This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK





Do I need to register my divorce?

The registration of the divorce is mandatory and must be registered in Italy.

How much does it cost?

The registration of a divorce in the Council’s records is completely free. However, consular fees are applied for the legalization of the translator's signature. Refer to the table of the Consular fees.

What documents should I submit?

  • The divorce request form filled in and signed by the applicant (available in the ‘Forms’ section in Italian only);
  • An original copy of the divorce decree or the divorce order from the Family Court with an apostille from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade;
  • A photocopy of the divorce and apostille;
  • A translation into Italian (by an accredited NAATI translator);
  • A photocopy of the translation;
  • A photocopy of the passport of the applicant.

Do I need to make an appointment?

Currently by appointment.

The registration of the marriage certificate can be made by appointment via the Homepage - Prenot@mi.
Alternatively, the documents may be sent via regular mail to the following address:

Italian Consulate

Unit 3/215 Port Road,  Hindmarsh S.A. 5007