This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

General information


General information

Any change of marital status (i.e. child birth, marriage, divorce) is to be immediately communicated to the Consulate.

All requests for registration of acts of civil status are free and do not require an appointment at the Consulate.


What to register:

birth of a child (a minor at the moment of the registration)

birth of a child (not a minor at the moment of the registration)


same sex / de-facto





How to get married in Italy? Please refer to the HOW-TO section for details.