This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Driving in Australia


Driving in Australia

Type "B" Italian driving licence allows to drive in all states of Australia for the first 6 months of arrival. It is necessary to get a translation, issued by this Consulate.

For the English translation, it is necessary to come to the Consulate, exhibiting:

  • the original driver's licence to be translated;
  • the original passport of the license holder
  • the precise amount in Australian dollars. It is advisable to consult the table of consular fees

The international driving licence can only be issued in the country of residence. Italian residents must therefore contact the Motor Registration Office (Motorizzazione Civile). An international driving license is valid only for driving abroad, cannot be renewed by Embassies or Consulates and cannot be converted to Australian driver's licence.